Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jasmine Su- May 26, 2014

This past weekend that we spent in Barcelona was one the most amazing and tiring experiences. I don’t think I have ever walked so much in my life. The pain in my feet would just shoot up when I sat down and I could barely feel them when I was standing. HOWEVER, the cathedrals, parks and monuments I saw were worth every step. My favorite sight-seeing parts of Barcelona would definitely have to be The Guella park and La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. 

The Guella park consisted of a huge hill climb and when Katie Rose and I finally got there, the scene was spectacular. Although we did not pay to go inside the structures made out of tiles, we could see from the outside parts of it and it was beautiful. We also decided to hike up the trail that did not cost money and the view that we saw from the top was breath taking. As we were hiking up there was these beautiful beams and tunnels and there was this statue that looked like it was made out of tiles with horns and it was propped up in one of the caves. Katie Rose and I stood there for some time trying to figure out if it was real. As I was deep in thought staring at this stature, it pops straight out at me and scares the living soul out of me. I screamed so loud and jumped back as fast as I could. Apparently I was the only one that was scared because after I calmed down and got myself together, everyone was just laughing at me, including Katie Rose. After that experience I questioned if every statue I encountered was real or not. 


La Sagrada Familia was one of the most amazing cathedrals I have ever seen. Although it was still being built, the detail that was put into it was so impressive. It had Jesus and his twelve disciples all around the cathedral and parts of the cathedral had color in it which isn’t common at all for these types of Cathedrals. The cathedral had a very ancient looking architecture but modern colors which made it so much cooler. I regret not going into the cathedral because I bet it would have been breath taking but at the time I just was not willing to pay and wait in like a 4 hour long line. Overall, I enjoyed my time in Barcelona so much but I was so glad to come back to Valencia and rest my feet for a couple of days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment